Thursday, July 16, 2015

Feature and Follow #3


Today, I'm participating in Feature and Follow, hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.
Basically it's a fun weekly blog hop where you get to interact with fellow book bloggers, thus gaining friends and followers.  The directions are as follows: You follow the hosts, Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Make a post that answers that week's prompt, and link it up on either one of the hosts' blogs. Then, go follow and make friends with as many other participating book bloggers as you'd like.  To see the complete directions, click here.
As far as following me, Bloglovin is preferred, but GFC is good too. J (and I always follow on Bloglovin)

This week's question is:
If you had the money what would your own personal library look like? What would be in it? What colors, decorations, etc would you put in it?

This is a fun one!

If I’m going to build a dream library, it’s going to be huge.  I also love fairy lights on bookshelves so that would definitely be incorporated.

I’m going to have cozy chairs and couches.  It will be the perfect reading environment.  And not just books.  There will be awesome fandom stuff everywhere and it will be pretty much every fangirl/booklovers dream. 

And why not just go all out?  There will be a snack bar and place where you can get coffee and tea.   Pretty much a built in cafĂ©. It will have a balcony sort of like a second level but with crosswalks and stuff, you know what I mean?  It will all be open.  

There will always be great music playing in the background and it will be an awesome place for bookish people to hang and read together.   Because of course i'd want to be able to share it.  What's the fun of having the ultimate bookish hangout spot if you can't hang out with other people? 

AHHH I can just picture it now and I need this to happen.  Can you picture this?  Wouldn't it be awesome?

But now, here are some cool pics I found for some visuals.  (because why not?)


I think this one is absolutely gorgeous.  So, my library would have this design, but a whole room.  
But this would be too fancy for what I described above.   Unless I have two libraries.  Hmmmm
OR maybe it'll just have different sections.  OH like this one will be Classics. 








I also really love this one, it’s really pretty and I love the loft aspect. This one looks really nice but still comfy.  So, design wise, this is more what it would actually look like.  I think it would fit pretty well with what I have in my head. 




Parts of it would probably be rainbow.  Because books organized by color look SO PRETTY. 







Isn't this the most amazing thing EVER??  Technically, it said something silly like "abandoned library" and it does look a little beat up now that i see it.  BUT it has this really awesome fantasy like feel to it so I want to definitely incorporate that.  Especially the flowers and stuff.  SO maybe i'll use some of the design aspects of this for my fantasy section.



This is getting a bit out of hand.  I better stop.  Anyway, this was super fun and I can’t wait to check out all of your guys’ dream libraries. 

Olivia





11 comments:

  1. The last library picture has kind of a magical feel to it!
    New GFC follower
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last one was so stunning! I would love to have one of those! New follower through bloglovin' (well I followed you back but still I'm new), google+, and GFC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I want to read in your library! I can't believe I didn't think of a balcony! LOL! New Bloglovin' follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that "abandoned library" picture too! It looks kind of whimsical, would be neat to do that with some fake trees (or possibly real potted trees) and vines running around the bookshelves with lights. I could see myself spending a lot of time there. I enjoyed your detailed description of your perfect library! Thanks for stopping by and following me, following you now via Bloglovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics! :D Thanks for stopping by. New follower via gfc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how nice! I love all of your pics -- you enjoy having a fantasy feel to your dream library, and I LOVE that!!

    I especially like the first and last pics. That lovely blue-green.....so dreamy and fairy-like....The first pic, the one for your classics, also has a fantasy feel to it -- like Disneyland or Disney World! Just GORGEOUS!!

    Thanks so much for following and commenting! I'm following you back with GFC and Bloglovin'!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the fairy light idea, and yes a snack bar is a must! Great ideas!
    Following back via bloglovin and gfc :)
    -Amanda @ Hearts Reading

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, that sounds like a really awesome dream library! Here's hoping it's actually created! New GFC Follower! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting,I like your library.
    Old follower,
    Silvy@Books are my life

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg I love your ideas!! I agree about the fairy lights, all bookshelves must have fairy lights! A built in cafe is such a good idea too. Everyone knows you need some nice snacks alongside a good book. And that last picture... wow. So beautiful! Can you make this library happen please because I really want to come and visit! :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love pictures of libraries. Thanks for sharing your vision of your ideal space :)
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete