Saturday, May 2, 2015

Huge Book Sale Haul


This week, I’m linking up with Stacking The Shelves.  Go check them out!

I normally don’t have this many books to haul.  However, this week was my library’s book sale.  And I kind of went crazy.  I think I ended up getting 19 books in total.  But it’s okay because book sales are awesome and I’m supporting my library. 

These I just grabbed because they were cheap and…why not?
  • Silver Girl by Elin Hilderbrand
  • The Choice by Nicholas Sparks
  • At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks
  • Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks
  •  I’ve Got You Under My Skin by Mary Higgins Clark
  • We’ll Meet Again by Mary Higgins Clark



These were all books I had heard of before and wanted to read.  So, I’m super excited that I found these at the book sale!

  •  Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter (I actually had this one on hold from the library)
  • The Cypress House by Michael Koryta
  • The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd (I’ve heard good things about this author)
  • The Help by Kathryn Stockett (I saw this movie when it first came out and really liked it.  I’ve been wanting to read the book because I hear that it’s even better)
  • The Paris Wife by Paula McLain (I actually have this on my Goodreads as “To-Read”)



This is my classics stack.  Book sales are the best places to find classics for really cheap.  I’m excited about all of these – I’ve been really trying to build up my classics collection lately.
  • The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger
  •  Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
  • The Odyssey by Homer
  •  Canterbury Tales by Chaucer  (this is only a couple of selected tales, but I got is because it’s so cute and tiny and I really loved the artwork on the front)
  • The Taming Of The Shrew by Shakespeare (I already have this one, but this edition is pink with lipstick prints all over the front and it’s adorable.)
  • Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnnegut
  • The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (Read this for school, but didn’t have my own copy.)
  • Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson (Read this for school when I was younger and didn’t like it.  But hey, I’m willing to give it a second chance. Plus it’s A Barnes and Noble classics edition in new condition with a cool cover.


Phew!  That’s it.  I told you it was a lot of books.  What about you?  Do you ever go to book sales?  





6 comments:

  1. I love Book Sales. My mother tells me all the time, buy less. I hope you enjoy all your new reads.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book sales are the best. I'm lucky that my mom's a reader too. She loves book sales. Thank you <3

      Delete
  2. Great haul! You did awesome! I like to go on bookoutlet.com for sales. I'm waiting until next weekend though because everything will be 25% off of the already amazing prices. Enjoy your new books!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I can't wait to read all of these. YES BookOutlet! They're the best! I've ordered from them before. Usually I wait until I have a coupon and they are having a sale. Such great prices.
      Thanks <3

      Delete
  3. I love Michael Koryta. I really recommend The Ridge if you like this one. Library sales are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! If I like The Cypress House, I'll definitely check that one out.

      Delete